MX1 Failure (firmware/OS related?)

Post here anything related to the MGL EFIS systems
Forum rules
Please keep your posts friendly and on topic. No politics or discussions of a controversial nature not related to our favorite subject of flying and avionics. Offending posts may be removed or moderated.
brs

Re: MX1 Failure (firmware/OS related?)

Post by brs »

Rainier,

The Internal File Manager can see the 10mb data file just fine.
brs

Post by brs »

Question: If I put the MX1 on a the bench and power it with no other connections. Should the data recording feature work normally?

If so then this test should eliminate the question of installed hardware connected.
brs

PROGRESS!: MX1 Failure (firmware/OS related?)

Post by brs »

Rainier, I met a friend of yours today (Chris Jones) who lives just a mile or so from my hangar. He was very helpful in getting me to put my logic hat back on and working the problem. It seems to have worked. This MX1 is back on V16 and the data recording seems to be working fine. I'll know for sure after a flight or two. Here is what I did.

-Put the MX1 on the bench with only power connected. Did this to eliminate the airframe from the equation.
-Took a picture of all the screens in the setup menu.
-Did a factory reset (which I thought I had done before but failed) and verified the issue was gone.
-Tried installing the old SETUP.DAT but it broke the MX1 like it was before. So factory reset again.
-slowly went through changing settings and occasionally power cycling and testing for the error.
-The error did com back someplace around setting up the analog inputs so I started over trying to pin point when it begins - I couldn't.
-After doing this twice, and having gotten all the settings changed, it finally worked.

There is a setting in there someplace that the firmware is finicky about. Sorry I was unable to pinpoint it.
rainier
Site Admin

Post by rainier »

Analog inputs ? Hmmmm..... Let me play with that. Thanks for the effort - it's really appreciated.
rainier
Site Admin

Post by rainier »

Can you tell me how you have analog inputs connected to the MX1 ?

I assume you have an extender on RS232 port 2 which gives you 8 inputs. Do you also have another extender connected to the CAN bus for a further 8 inputs ?
brs

Post by brs »

Extender: Keep in mind I was getting errors while on the bench with only power connected. So it seems to be all configuration settings and not the actual physical connections.

It's been awhile since I wired it. I'm thinking that on the MX1 it's on RS232 port 4. Also I remember that the MX1 port4 in/out markings are backwards. Took me a long time to figure that one out, and the purchase of an oscilloscope.

Only one extender. There is more information that I sent to Adam, about the analog inputs which I suppose he sent to you. Seems the analog names like to get mixed up on occation. Here is the picture. If you don't get the full description forwarded from Adam let me know.
Analog-Name-Errors.jpg
Analog-Name-Errors.jpg (108.25 KiB) Viewed 2357 times