24V issue

Post here anything related to the MGL EFIS systems
Forum rules
Please keep your posts friendly and on topic. No politics or discussions of a controversial nature not related to our favorite subject of flying and avionics. Offending posts may be removed or moderated.
mgrindel

24V issue

Post by mgrindel »

Hi,
I'm possible one of only a few that actually uses the 24V supply?
My unit will display only up to 24V and then start from zero again... eg 25.2V will display as 1.2V.
I've updated to the latest firmware but still no changes. Matt at MGL USA setup the screen for me so I'm not 100% sure where the source of the display is but any pointers would be highly valued!
Many thanks
Mark
rainier
Site Admin

Re: 24V issue

Post by rainier »

Which EFIS ?
mgrindel

Post by mgrindel »

Whoops sorry about that!
iEFIS Explorer lite and looking at the screen designer the source of the voltage display is listed as "Supply voltage"
Many thanks
PS after updating the firmware the unit now randomly reboots! (I can not find any pattern to the reboots - could be while flying or simply just sitting on the ground but you will see at least one reboot in every 5min sometimes only a few seconds apart!)
mgrindel

Post by mgrindel »

Just a quick update:
Firstly; I'm sorry I was going on memory and I was wrong about the voltage it rolled over at.
The reading goes up to 25.4V then at 25.5V it reads 0V and goes up from there so 25.6V reads as 0.1V

Next; seems I was able to fix the random reboot by creating a new "blank recording file" (iEFIS.rec) with the simulator and loading this to the SD card so far so good now reboots yet...

RGDS
Mark
mgrindel

Post by mgrindel »

Hmmm sadly the reboots continue....