Odyssey G2 delete items that are not being used?

Post here anything related to the MGL EFIS systems
Forum rules
Please keep your posts friendly and on topic. No politics or discussions of a controversial nature not related to our favorite subject of flying and avionics. Offending posts may be removed or moderated.
Jerry230

Odyssey G2 delete items that are not being used?

Post by Jerry230 »

I searched the best I could for answers on this with no luck so forgive me if this has been covered.

Is there is a simple way to delete items that I don't want on the screen?

I have a 912 ULS. I am not using the fuel pressure, the fuel flow, fuel level or the MAP sensors. Also I only have 2 EGT's. I tried changing the number of egt's to 2 and still, 4 spots show up. I have tried the default engine perimeters for a 912 but cannot got rid of the unused items either.

Would like to get rid of these items since they just clutter up the screen and flash which is distracting.

Thanks.
JimJab

Re: Odyssey G2 delete items that are not being used?

Post by JimJab »

Yes, you can change all the graphics on your MGL screens to suit your requirements or even redesign the screen totally to suit your needs.

Is it simple? well for some no, but for most who do some manual reading, have some basic computer skills and start with lots of patience as they teach there computer's to change there MGL screen designs, you can do it.

But seriously spend some time leaning and you can change whatever you like on any of the MGL EFIS screens and you can make your EFIS suit your needs and aircraft.

Take sometime to down load the MGL Sim for your EFIS and down load the MGL Manuals.

But, start by looking at these videos, DutchRoll did a number of videos, not sure if he is still around the MGL forum these day's, but many of us have leant so much from his experience and time he gave back to the MGL users with these vids.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=U ... HKg8k0RWrg
Older MGL units
JimJab

Post by JimJab »

Jerry, if the 230 in your name is for a Jabiru 230.

Here is a pic of a screen I did up, it's since been tidy up a bit more, but gives you and idea of what you can do with an MGL EFIS.
Fuel Burn ScreenV2.jpg
Fuel Burn ScreenV2.jpg (84.07 KiB) Viewed 1697 times
Older MGL units
Jerry230

Post by Jerry230 »

Thanks all. I did watch the video and I have the simulator. So I am guessing that I'll have to use the designer to remove them...... but the thought of using the non-user friendly design software is mind numbing. Ha Ha....

Whats kind of strange is on my Odyssey, I think its screen 7.....it is perfect for what I want other than the non needed items. However on the designer/simulator, it doesn't have that screen?

Is there a way to copy the #7 screen from my EFIS and edit it in the designer? Or do I have to use one of the screens in the simulator and edit it to look like the #7 screen?

The 230 is an an old Student ID number that has just kind of stuck as a user name. I am running a 912uls.

Thats a cool looking screen for fuel flow! I bet that took some time to design.
JimJab

Post by JimJab »

Hi Jerry230,
As to the screen I just leant a little about the sim design and then I read and leant a bit more and then did a bit more, and if you spent a little time in the design part of the sim you will find as other have you are making change to your different screens.

Download the Odyssey and Voyager G2, "Getting Started Guide" and look and read the little explanation about the file on the EFIS.

Then download the Stratomaster Enigma "Alterations guide" this is has a lot more about the screen design and files.

So first things first, leant what the different files are for and their names and then where they are stored on your P.C in the Sim Directories and how you can save your EFIS screen files to the SD card and then take them home to load into your sim on the P.C. so then you can edit them and the upload the save files back into the your EFIS with your changes.

Cheers
JImJab
Older MGL units