Fuel Flow all over the place

Post here anything related to the MGL EFIS systems
Forum rules
Please keep your posts friendly and on topic. No politics or discussions of a controversial nature not related to our favorite subject of flying and avionics. Offending posts may be removed or moderated.
azjoe67

Re: Fuel Flow all over the place

Post by azjoe67 »

I'll have to break out my scope, see if it shows anything.

In the mean time I moved the FT-60 to FF2 and it's not fixed, but better. On FF1 I would see 3-6GPH fluctuations, on FF2 it's down to 1-2.5.
Markdun

Post by Markdun »

I scoped my erratic FF measurements (Red Cube, Rdac XF, Jabiru 2200, Xtreme EFIS) and we found a 60v negative spike on the ground. Fix was installing a different voltage regulator.
rainier
Site Admin

Post by rainier »

Yeah, those regulators have been trouble for a long time. Usually radio noise. First time I read that it affects a fuel flow sender.
azjoe67

Post by azjoe67 »

Interesting. I haven't checked my alternator / regulator. It's worth a look.
azjoe67

Post by azjoe67 »

I'm stumped. I've tried everything y'all have recommended, no joy.

I get the same bouncy reading with two different FT-60. I've tried known clean, measured clean, isolated power, no joy. (My ship's power didn't give me anything unusual on the scope). I've tried both FF1 and FF2, same readings. I've moved the FT-60 all over the place to see if placement makes a difference. Nope. I've tried both 5V and 12V on the pullup resistor. I'm on the clean 12V right now. No change. About the only thing I haven't tried is to use the clean power on both the FT-60 and the RDAC.

Any more thoughts?

Thanks.