Hold function

Post here anything related to the MGL EFIS systems
Forum rules
Please keep your posts friendly and on topic. No politics or discussions of a controversial nature not related to our favorite subject of flying and avionics. Offending posts may be removed or moderated.
drvale

Hold function

Post by drvale »

Firstly remarkably this works really well with the autopilot and will take you around a hold relentlessly. However when you cancel the hold the Active Waypoint display continues to give you information relative to the hold and the HSI doesn't cancel either. On an old topic that has now been ignored for ages, fly to an approach via intercept and as soon as you arrive at the intercept Waypoint status is lost and autopilot bombs out. I am building another Falco and MGL is not on the shopping list for it if existing problems are not resolved and I can rely on its performance.
David Vale
G-OCAD
Sequoia Falco
MGL user for more than 10 years!! Explorer iEFIS, Discovery Lite, Vega backup & MGL a/p
rainier
Site Admin

Re: Hold function

Post by rainier »

Check your glide slope settings.
If your autopilot "bombs out" after intercept you may be above the glide slope rather than below it - you select the desired glide slope (2.5 degrees works for me - 3 degrees is a little steep) and make sure the intercept is far enough away.
drvale

Post by drvale »

Apologies, slow response from me. Rainier, intercept is always from below the glide slope. Glide slope is set as standard at 3 degrees.The a/p bombs out because the Active Waypoint bombs out.
David Vale
G-OCAD
Sequoia Falco
MGL user for more than 10 years!! Explorer iEFIS, Discovery Lite, Vega backup & MGL a/p
drvale

Post by drvale »

Any progress on the Hold function inability to Cancel on the 'Active Waypoint' Status. Asked the other day to Hold and later when instructed to resume my own navigation the Hold Active Waypoint Status would not Cancel. In desperation selected a GoTo a nearest Airport, did not replace the Hold position. Pressed Re-track which then altered the HSI and the Highway in the sky but not the Active Waypoint Status.
David Vale
G-OCAD
Sequoia Falco
drvale

Post by drvale »

Still waiting for a response.
David Vale
G-OCAD
Sequoia Falco