Next firmware update for iefis?

Post here anything related to the MGL EFIS systems
Forum rules
Please keep your posts friendly and on topic. No politics or discussions of a controversial nature not related to our favorite subject of flying and avionics. Offending posts may be removed or moderated.
crodri

Next firmware update for iefis?

Post by crodri »

Hi Rainier,

I just installed the wifi microkit gateway as per their instructions using the screen’s internal serial port, and now I am made aware that this option won’t be available until the next firmware update. I don’t know if I should proceed with the laborious rewiring through the ibox, or wait. Any idea of when can we expect the next update for the g3 iefis?

Thanks,

Carlos
jelder

Re: Next firmware update for iefis?

Post by jelder »

Hi Carlos,

I am anxious to hear when this will be addressed with a firmware update as my iBOX ports are all full, so I want to use the serial port on my Challenger panel to connect to the wifi gateway. I am wondering what ADS-B source you are going to use? I have a Sentry, but I found out it does not support open GDL90, so I am looking at purchasing a Stratux.

I believe it is possible to hardwire a Stratux using a usb to serial converter, but I believe I would have the same issue as I would want to connect it to the serial port on back of the Challenger as my iBox ports are all utilized.

Thanks.

Jim