Simulator for Odyssey and Xtreme EFIS, documentation

Post here anything related to the MGL EFIS systems
Forum rules
Please keep your posts friendly and on topic. No politics or discussions of a controversial nature not related to our favorite subject of flying and avionics. Offending posts may be removed or moderated.
Joey_Buttafingas

Simulator for Odyssey and Xtreme EFIS, documentation

Post by Joey_Buttafingas »

Hello,

I am in the process of purchasing an airplane which has an MGL Odyssey and Xtreme EFIS installed. I was told by the owner that there is a simulator that runs like the real units. Do you know where I can download this program? He also configured it to his simulator with the exact equipment of his airplane. Also, not sure if there is a place to download user manual. I believe his avionics package was installed around 2009.

Thanks

Joe
odens_14

Re: Simulator for Odyssey and Xtreme EFIS, documentation

Post by odens_14 »

No Problem, I have an odyssey so I'm not familiar with the extreme, but for the odyssey:

Simulator is here: https://www.mglavionics.co.za/Odyssey2Updates.htm (link is about 1/3 down the screen Download the matching Odyssey2 simulator (Approximately 3.1MByte size))

if the previous owner had one already set up you should have them give you the files for the screens and settings.

Manuals are here: https://www.mglavionics.co.za/documents.html

There isn't necessarily one master manual, but the most pertinent ones are: MGL EFIS user manual, G2 Getting Started Guide, iEFIS and G2 navigation manual, integrated autopilot manual (if AP installed)
Joey_Buttafingas

Re: Simulator for Odyssey and Xtreme EFIS, documentation

Post by Joey_Buttafingas »

Thanks for your reply.

It has been 6 weeks since I bought that airplane, read the manuals, and still would like to make a few changes to a couple of screens on my MGL Odyssey. When I first started with EFIS years ago, I would say "What's it doing?" With Odyssey, I can see what it's doing, and I like the potential it offers, but I need to be able to set it up. Specifically, I would like to be able to view a screen similar to a radar screen, where my aircraft is at the bottom and always pointing straight ahead. Not sure what this type of view is called. I would be able to have it set to 50 and 25 mi ranges, so I would be making the same screen with just 2 different ranges. On that screen I would like to depict the location of class B,C,D airspace, along with the altitudes of respective rings. In addition any satellite and small airports would also be depicted. I plan on keeping the other 6 screens intact. The original owner gave me his files and I copied them and then tried to alter them, but having little luck running the simulator with changes I made. Haven't been a windows user for a long time, but it's coming back slowly. I don't' think I have a map loaded, so the simulator is in geographic limbo. I would like to be able to get this installed on the sim, and then deal with problem of importing it to the Odyssey. Any ideas or tips would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Joe