iefis challenger mgl trouble

Post here anything related to the MGL EFIS systems
Forum rules
Please keep your posts friendly and on topic. No politics or discussions of a controversial nature not related to our favorite subject of flying and avionics. Offending posts may be removed or moderated.
jackc-fjlj

iefis challenger mgl trouble

Post by jackc-fjlj »

Hello
since yesterday I have no more consistent data on my iefis challenger no artificial horizon no turn and bank the screen is like crazy and displays a blue world map is the problem coming from the SP 6 or SP 7 or the iefis software ? Thanks for your help
jack
Pekker

Re: iefis challenger mgl trouble

Post by Pekker »

Unrelated Question for artificial horizon:
I am using a page on explorer iEFIS, which has all of the analog gauges on it.
Seems as though on the Artificial Horizon ,the plane moves and the horizon is stationary like older soviet block horizons, instead of the horizon moving and the plane stationary , as western aircraft artificial horizons have always been. Is there a way of changing the plane horizon setting, to switch back and forth, between the two?
rainier
Site Admin

Post by rainier »

Pekker wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:36 pm Unrelated Question for artificial horizon:
I am using a page on explorer iEFIS, which has all of the analog gauges on it.
Seems as though on the Artificial Horizon ,the plane moves and the horizon is stationary like older soviet block horizons, instead of the horizon moving and the plane stationary , as western aircraft artificial horizons have always been. Is there a way of changing the plane horizon setting, to switch back and forth, between the two?
You are not confusing the turn coordinator with the horizon by any chance ?
if you are referring to the horizon (i.e. the round one with blue/beige horizon display) the horizon moves. The center symbol (thick white line) representing the aircraft is moves with the bank angle (as does the horizon so both are synchronized) but it does not move with pitch (as otherwise you can't tell the pitch angle).

On the normal horizon displays there is an option to either bank the pitch ladder with the horizon or keep it vertical - the simulated "steam" AHRS is fixed in functionality.

If you do not want the pitch ladder to bank - easy - just go to your 3D setup menu and uncheck the the box "Pitch ladder banks" (for normal horizon displays)
Diamond

Post by Diamond »

jackc-fjlj wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 11:32 pm Hello
since yesterday I have no more consistent data on my iefis challenger no artificial horizon no turn and bank the screen is like crazy and displays a blue world map is the problem coming from the SP 6 or SP 7 or the iefis software ? Thanks for your help
jack
Hello, I had the same problem restarting the iefis explorer in flight, as the indications were going crazy. A blue screen then false indication of artifical horizon, crazy slip indicator, an also values of captors, blinking of the GF. The problem is sometimes less pronounced, sometimes it doesn't even permit to fly with the plane, at all engine speeds... I specify that it's my second unit, the first had been returned to the factory following a fogging problem, and this unit had no such problem (except bad connection with the radio unit). There have been no engine or propeller change since. A sensor software update didn't help. So in my opinion it's a hardware issue, a hypersensitivity of sensors of this second unit. I will question the factory.