Track to waypoint not updating real time

Post here anything related to the MGL EFIS systems
Forum rules
Please keep your posts friendly and on topic. No politics or discussions of a controversial nature not related to our favorite subject of flying and avionics. Offending posts may be removed or moderated.
tdyer

Track to waypoint not updating real time

Post by tdyer »

I have noticed that my GPS BRG does not update real time. If I Re Track the value will update. The source is track to waypoint (mag). Is this a bug or is there some strange reason this only updates when re-tracked? I know I can change the source to GPS heading to waypoint to make it update real-time but not sure why the other source doesn't work.

Thanks,

Terry
Attachments
TrackTo Waypoint.JPG
TrackTo Waypoint.JPG (193.27 KiB) Viewed 1982 times
rainier
Site Admin

Re: Track to waypoint not updating real time

Post by rainier »

A track is always between two points. Your aircraft's HSI shows how far you are off track.

When you do a "Goto" to a waypoint or advance on a flight plan you have two points - "From" and "To".
The moment you do a "Goto" the current position is your "From".

The item you are looking for is "Course to waypoint". That updates dynamically (and is drawn with either a red or green line from your aircraft position on the map). A red line when you do not have enough fuel to get there, otherwise green (So this is where your fuel monitoring setup comes in handy).

Note you have something called a "GPS OBS" - using that you can rotate the track around the destination - handy if you need to approach the destination on a different heading.

You also have something called "Retrack" - that will create a new "From" at your current location but leaves the destination waypoint untouched...
tdyer

Re: Track to waypoint not updating real time

Post by tdyer »

So the function is working as intended but the text should be track instead of Brg. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Terry