Screen design

Post here anything related to the MGL EFIS systems
Forum rules
Please keep your posts friendly and on topic. No politics or discussions of a controversial nature not related to our favorite subject of flying and avionics. Offending posts may be removed or moderated.
love2loop

Screen design

Post by love2loop »

I'm working on screen designs. Using a line Bargraph for each individual cylinder head and exhaust temp. I utilized the "bargraph shows" selection: Temp/TC probe, along with selecting the channel to match. When the using the RDAC sensor, the bar graphs do not show any output. When the oil temp/pressure line bargraph is used the output displays normal, caution and alarm modes.
Screenshot 2021-06-25 153707.png
Screenshot 2021-06-25 153707.png (31.03 KiB) Viewed 2838 times
JimJab

Re: Screen design

Post by JimJab »

Firstly, it can be really helpful at times, if you go into your membership profile and enter the MGL gear you own, this well help anyone who may wish to help and will be shown each time you post.

Love2loop,

Is this problem you are having with the gauges not working, is this in the design "Sim" on your computer or in your aircraft with the real RDAC and CHT/EGT probes?

These are two totally different problems. I am guessing, because you have said screen shot, you talking about the IEFIS Sim. So go to the top of the Windows tool bar, find and select the RDAC, then whilst you can see your gauges, move each slides to adjust the value of that gauges.

JimJab
Older MGL units
love2loop

Post by love2loop »

JimLab

Thank you for the reply. I have not bought the unit yet as I'm not quite ready for it. Panel is cut and ready to go, just need to finish up some other items. I'm going to use the Challanger. I have started the screen design early so that when installed I can load and go. When I manipulate the SIM RDAC I get all sorts of different issues. Different cylinders behave differently, although they are set up the same. I'm hopping this is a sim issue. I was discussing it with Matt and he was going to take a look at the files, however he is requesting a file with an .esl extension. I cannot find any files with that extension for his review. I found the files under a .sdf extension. So it looks like more homework on my part to find out the issue with the file extensions, it appears I'm not saving them correctly.

love2loop
love2loop

Post by love2loop »

JimLab

It is definitely the sim. I had all the bar graphs working. Both EGT and CHT. I changed from "bargraph Temp/TC probes shows" to "TC1-12 as EGT/CHT" as applicable along with selecting the appropriate channel. Then all of a sudden the CHT bar graphs stopped moving when moving the sliders, except when I manipulate the EGT slider for cylinder one. When I do that all of the cylinders bar graphs move in unison. So something is up with the sim. Closed and opened the software, no difference. I will continue with the design of the rest of the pages and then see what I get when I hook up to the real thing. The only other issue is figuring out the file extension issue as discussed in the previous post, I'm sure that will be an issue when uploading into the actual display.

love2loop
JimJab

Post by JimJab »

Hi love2loop

With my computer sim program for my Voyager EFIS, the EGT and CHT slides did not work for me as you would expect either. But when I click on the little arrows on each end of the sliders, with many clicks on them, the EGT'S and CHT's gauge values change in the sim screen.

The sim RDAC GUI (Graphic User Interface) is pretty basic as it's really only used to just test your design on the computer. I have done some programing in VB 6 sometime back and those slides need some computer coding to make them work and if you where not busy making a better MGL products, I guess you could spend some programing time fixing this slider issue.

But once we realize we can use those little arrows at each end of the EGT and CHT slides for changing and testing our operational values in our screen designs and all this has nothing to do with the real EFIS in our planes, we go, Oh Ok.

Cheers
JimJab
Older MGL units