MX1 Com not opening a keypad/simulator trouble

Post here anything related to the MGL EFIS systems
Forum rules
Please keep your posts friendly and on topic. No politics or discussions of a controversial nature not related to our favorite subject of flying and avionics. Offending posts may be removed or moderated.
andynoiseboy

MX1 Com not opening a keypad/simulator trouble

Post by andynoiseboy »

Hello All
I have a V16 com radio connected to an MX1 (serial comms appears fine). With the default setup, pressing the COM1 touchfield (top/left) doesn't open a keypad window... so I have no control of the V16.
Looking at customising the setup in the IEFIS simulator, I find that the same happens with some projects when simulating. Also, after loading different projects, the app starts giving 'invalid filename' errors and when you close it, hundreds of repeated error messages stack up (see attached).
I'm new to this and this isn't a great start.
Any guidance would be much appreciated.
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-08-22 at 19.44.56.png
Screenshot 2021-08-22 at 19.44.56.png (141.89 KiB) Viewed 1629 times
rainier
Site Admin

Re: MX1 Com not opening a keypad/simulator trouble

Post by rainier »

You need to enable the COM radio in the equipment enables menu (under system setup).

The above image looks like the application is not able to access its files. Can you make sure it ts running with administrator privileges - alternatively install it outside of the "program files" folder (just create a new folder under your C:\\ root and install there) then regardless of security settings Windows should allow it access to its own files.
andynoiseboy

Re: MX1 Com not opening a keypad/simulator trouble

Post by andynoiseboy »

Thanks Rainier

Will try moving the app installation to afolder in the root directory. I get the same issue under Win7 and an old XP machine with admin logon so hopefully moving the app will work?