Issue with Trig TY91 interface

Post here anything related to the MGL EFIS systems
Forum rules
Please keep your posts friendly and on topic. No politics or discussions of a controversial nature not related to our favorite subject of flying and avionics. Offending posts may be removed or moderated.
huntwing

Issue with Trig TY91 interface

Post by huntwing »

I have a TY91 connected, TMAP interface, to my Challenger lite using the details supplied in the "Using the trig Avionics and Compatible VHF transceivers" document.
I also have the Trig head.

Its been in place 2 years and sporadically, normally when first switched on, the remote head shows a warning message "No Radio" but generally this can be cleared by flipping channels on the head or rebooting the radio.

However recently that has become much worse, yesterday it was so bad it seemed to be happening continuously and seemed to coincide with the end of an incoming reception.

I have rewired all of the associated cabling, even replaced the resistors but nothing seems to improve the situation.

I have also tried just using RS232 connection and Garmin protocol, which works but offers limited functionality.

Anyone else see this message please?
Diamond

Re: Issue with Trig TY91 interface

Post by Diamond »

yes, in my case the connector moved and was not screwed strong enough
huntwing

Post by huntwing »

Thanks but that is not the issue, been checked many times. Seems to happen mainly if I switch on the EFIS after the Trig unit.

John
Diamond

Post by Diamond »

You should try with another unit to check if it could be an harware issue. Start with the head, it's easy to switch with one from another plane