EFIS lite file manager

Post here anything related to the MGL EFIS systems
Forum rules
Please keep your posts friendly and on topic. No politics or discussions of a controversial nature not related to our favorite subject of flying and avionics. Offending posts may be removed or moderated.
douros

EFIS lite file manager

Post by douros »

Is there a way to backup the existing screens onto the SD card on the MGL Discovery? The file manager only seems to be able to load new screens. I'd like to back up the existing displays before I change them.

Bryan
rainier
Site Admin

Re: EFIS lite file manager

Post by rainier »

Several ways:

You can do the disk cloning which produces an identical copy of the internal disk (you can use that in a PC or anything that uses FAT32 format).

Using the file manager just tick the box next to each file you want to copy to your external SD card - the moment you tick one box you get options to delete or copy the file.

You can also take out the internal SD card and read that in a PC.
douros

Re: EFIS lite file manager

Post by douros »

>>>Using the file manager just tick the box next to each file you want to copy to your external SD card - the moment you tick one box you get options to delete or copy the file.

My Discovery Lite code is at EIFIS G# version A 1.1.0.3 or 1.1.8.3 (can't read my out of focus Iphone picture of the Status page.

The file manager on my Discovery light has no such options under the file manager. It only has two options:
  • "log to SD/MMC card"
  • "Log to internal Solid State Disk"
There are some items under the install options to take update Nav data, copy screen from SD, clear screens, etc.