Blaze ARHS 4

Post here anything related to the MGL EFIS systems
Forum rules
Please keep your posts friendly and on topic. No politics or discussions of a controversial nature not related to our favorite subject of flying and avionics. Offending posts may be removed or moderated.
Mmacey

Blaze ARHS 4

Post by Mmacey »

Hello
I have an Odyssey with a com extender connected to it. I also have an SP-6 magnetometer connected to the system. Does anyone know if the Blaze AHRS 4 can use the compass through the com extender?

Thanks
MIke
rainier
Site Admin

Re: Blaze ARHS 4

Post by rainier »

No it can't.
But neither does the SP-6 work through the extender so I'm a little confused...

You can connect the AHRS 4 to the CAN bus of your EFIS system and it will pickup the SP-6.

On older systems you may have connected the SP-6 via airtalk link - in this case you can still utilize the CAN bus between SP-6 and AHRS 4.
Mmacey

Post by Mmacey »

Rainier
Sorry I wasn't clear. The SP-6 is not connected the com extender. its connected to the Odyssey. You answered my question that I can connect the AHRS-4 to the system.
Thanks
Mike
Mmacey

Post by Mmacey »

Ranier
o
I have installed the Blaze AHRS 4 to the Odyssey. I connected the twisted pair to the CAN/J1939 buss (CAN- for low, and CAN+ for high) using 120 ohm resistors on both ends The grounds are to the airframe. The compass is red X. The can low voltage at the AHRS is 1.4 volts and the high is 2.5.
I have tried all 4 CAN address options in the compass set up menu. The BIaze info page shows CAN ERROR. I must be missing something??
Thanks
MIke
adamoconnor

Post by adamoconnor »

How was the SP-6 connected to the Odyssey? Did you add the AHRS-4 to the SP-6's CAN bus w/ the Odyssey? Or is the Odyssey and SP-6 talking via airtalk and the SP-6 and AHRS-4 via CAN?
Adam O'Connor
Michigan Avionics
MGL USA Sales and Support
Mmacey

Post by Mmacey »

Adam
The SP-6 is connected to the Odyssey via airtalk.
The ARHS -4 is connected to the J-1939 CAN port.

Mike
Mmacey

Post by Mmacey »

All

I connected a twisted pair from the AHRS-4 directly to the SP-6 with 120 OHM resistors on both ends which Adam @ Michigan avionics suggested.
Problem Solved!
Mike