MX1 bad data copied to SDcard

Post here anything related to the MGL EFIS systems
Forum rules
Please keep your posts friendly and on topic. No politics or discussions of a controversial nature not related to our favorite subject of flying and avionics. Offending posts may be removed or moderated.
plippo

MX1 bad data copied to SDcard

Post by plippo »

I did the first test flight with my MX1 yesterday, with data logging set to internal memory. I succesfully copied the file to SD card after the flight, and tried to view it on my Windows 10 computer. When II tried to import it to the MGLBBTool 1.0.4.2 ("MGL EFIS data recording tool"), I got "Imported 0 files". I chose the MX1 format in the import dialog and made sure that the file is in the folder with a short filename, but nothing seemed to work.

I finally opened the file in the HEX editor and was greeted with this:
Screenshot 2024-05-17 at 9.56.18.png
Screenshot 2024-05-17 at 9.56.18.png (165.11 KiB) Viewed 737 times
So the file is empty (full of FF FF FF FF). Any ideas what might be the reason for such a thing? My MX1 is running firmware v. 0020. Could the internal to SD copy fail for some reason?
rainier
Site Admin

Re: MX1 bad data copied to SDcard

Post by rainier »

This is the contents of the internal flash memory if nothing has ever recorded.
Please note that your flight data recording is only active if the EFIS has detected a valid start of flight or you start a flight manually and end it manually in the action menu if you never configured the EFIS for automatic flight detect (Operations setup menu).
Your EFIS records to internal memory if you see the flight timer on your main screen flashing (that is the indication that a flight is active).