Autopilot not engaging - active Nav

Post here anything related to the MGL EFIS systems
Forum rules
Please keep your posts friendly and on topic. No politics or discussions of a controversial nature not related to our favorite subject of flying and avionics. Offending posts may be removed or moderated.
Abreadner

Autopilot not engaging - active Nav

Post by Abreadner »

20201001_061906.jpg
20201001_061906.jpg (148.04 KiB) Viewed 1926 times
I have recently installed a single MGL bank servo connected to my Oddessy. It engages properly with option 1 from the AP menu - Engage Straight. It will not engage when I select option 2 - Engage Active Nav and gives me a message saying "pitch servo not available". As a way point is selected I'd expect the autopilot to steer me there with me manually controlling pitch/altitude. I am guessing I must be missing something and a screenshot is attached.

Allan
JimJab

Re: Autopilot not engaging - active Nav

Post by JimJab »

Abreadner wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:20 am 20201001_061906.jpgI have recently installed a single MGL bank servo connected to my Oddessy. It engages properly with option 1 from the AP menu - Engage Straight. It will not engage when I select option 2 - Engage Active Nav and gives me a message saying "pitch servo not available". As a way point is selected I'd expect the autopilot to steer me there with me manually controlling pitch/altitude. I am guessing I must be missing something and a screenshot is attached.

Allan

Hi Allan, firstly I have not needed to play with my autopilot much, it just works. At odd times I have had to plug the USB cable out and in. I have two servo's, so I don't have the issue you are having. But I would think pressing button number 4 as shown in your screen shot to tick the "No pitch" tick box and then pressing the number 2 button to select the "Active Nav" will overcome your problem.

But you will have to do this every time unless you do the following. Press Menu Button x 2 >>> Press Button for "System Setup Menu" >>>> Press down arrow Button x 2 >>>> Press Button for "Setup Autopilot" >>>> Press Button for "Pitch" and select "Not Installed" >>>>> press enter and confirm 1 to save.

You should now notice when you active the Autopilot, the "No Pitch" alert should not active, as the Pitch tick box is always ticked for no pitch.

I hope this works for your model EFIS.

Cheers
JimJab
Older MGL units