Does anyone know the fuel flow sample/refresh rate?

Post here anything related to the MGL EFIS systems
Forum rules
Please keep your posts friendly and on topic. No politics or discussions of a controversial nature not related to our favorite subject of flying and avionics. Offending posts may be removed or moderated.
VacaMoo

Does anyone know the fuel flow sample/refresh rate?

Post by VacaMoo »

I have an MGL Xtreme EMS and just switched out the burnt Floscan 201 for a FP-60 Red Cube. The installation went fine and I now have fuel flow. I installed it per the factory instructions so it's wired correctly and it's

- attached by the hoses 4" from each end of the cube, with the cube floating,
- AN816-6 steel straight fittings on both ends to both hoses,
- after engine fuel pump and before the FI servo,
- wires pointing UP,
- OUT sitting higher than IN so bubbles escape,
- wrapped in Fire Hose to keep it cool,
- and I dialed in the K Factor (easier than the FloScan & it's $152 cheaper too).

No leaks during the engine test run so my only question is : what's the sample/refresh rate on the display? It seems that it reads & changes the display every +/- 4 seconds. It might be that it's not reading it correctly or that I have to change some setting. On other forums people say "If you want to know something about the MGL, just Andy" but I don't know who Andy is so I ask here :D
Enjoying retired life by living on my airport with FREE campsites & FREE facilities for all visiting pilots to enjoy while I putt-putt around in my OnSpeed equipped PZL-104 Wilga 35
rainier
Site Admin

Re: Does anyone know the fuel flow sample/refresh rate?

Post by rainier »

We average flow over a 4 second period - this interval was arrived at as the most suitable compromise between update rate and repeatability. Flow is anything but steady in most applications.
VacaMoo

Re: Does anyone know the fuel flow sample/refresh rate?

Post by VacaMoo »

That's the same info I eventually got, thanks.
Enjoying retired life by living on my airport with FREE campsites & FREE facilities for all visiting pilots to enjoy while I putt-putt around in my OnSpeed equipped PZL-104 Wilga 35