Mx1 Operations update 19

Post here anything related to the MGL EFIS systems
Forum rules
Please keep your posts friendly and on topic. No politics or discussions of a controversial nature not related to our favorite subject of flying and avionics. Offending posts may be removed or moderated.
DouglasD

Mx1 Operations update 19

Post by DouglasD »

Hello all , My first post here. Mx1 (Landscape) Started up in system 17 last weekend. It froze in testing as discussed in the other thread.
I just tried upgrading to System 19. Loaded two new files from upgrade page to files on a SD card.
https://www.mglavionics.co.za/mx1upd.html. Started up,held the knob it loaded the first,? But…. At the bottom, says it can’t use boot file. What did I do? Both came from the same place.

“ New firmware, loaded
Current MX, one application will not
work with this MX10PSFW. Please
update with compatible MX1FW.”
Steffen

Re: Mx1 Operations update 19

Post by Steffen »

you have to do two cycles of firmware upgrades. With the first boot, the bootloader is renewed. With the second the firmware.
DouglasD

Post by DouglasD »

Thanks for this. I had to separate the two files on different cards. It took the boot fine by itself, and then the system file on a second card. Done,it’s alive again. Ok now back to testing and figuring out settings.
Steffen

Post by Steffen »

good it worked.
i had both on the same card. With the first reboot it updated the bootloader.
The second boot then detected the bootloader is the same and flashed the firmware.
I do it with just holding the button until the firmware is flashing.

anyways, good it works.