Mx1 freezes then and endless reboot loop

Post here anything related to the MGL EFIS systems
Forum rules
Please keep your posts friendly and on topic. No politics or discussions of a controversial nature not related to our favorite subject of flying and avionics. Offending posts may be removed or moderated.
Steffen

Re: Mx1 freezes then and endless reboot loop

Post by Steffen »

Checked with several releases of firmware.
it starts with 13. 12 works, 13 is the first broken one.

Reset everything to factory defaults. Just activate Traffic monitoring, start flight and it crashes

serial #191000021
for test no devices connected.
Markdun

Post by Markdun »

I turned Automatic Flight detect off. Traffic monitoring enabled. Didn’t do the manual flight recording on. In the air, pressing the soft key for traffic does bring up the list of traffic, but when I exit that screen, the EFIS then reboots and the autopilot goes crazy etc for a little while.

Steffen, are you saying version 12 works with traffic monitoring?

I’m wondering whether this issue is just the MX1 or does it also include the Discovery? I’m thinking of going to a Discovery and giving the MX1 to my taildragger bush plane.

Mark
Steffen

Post by Steffen »

I don't know if it works with traffic monitroring, but at least it does not crash.

Traffic monitoring is not essential for me, I have that on other devices (for me XCSoar and SkyDemon on Android). The MX1 ist mainly used as a high sophisticated EMS.

Discovery light with my former plane never had any issue like that.

But there is more pressing with the MX1. i still can't get vector maps. Don't know why, tried a lot with several MX1s (I have three I am servicing)
rainier
Site Admin

Post by rainier »

Steffen wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:28 pm But there is more pressing with the MX1. i still can't get vector maps. Don't know why, tried a lot with several MX1s (I have three I am servicing)
MX1 does not do vector maps or plates or anything terrain related - it's a cut down iEFIS system in order to fit the entire code into the ROM of the CPU itself.
MX1 does do raster maps including airspace and aeronautical data overlays from the navidata.
Steffen

Post by Steffen »

rainier wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:54 am MX1 does not do vector maps or plates or anything terrain related
Good to know. Could not find anything like that for vector maps in the manual.

If I would have known that, I may have decided different for the selection of the EFIS.