Xtreme Firmware Update

Post here anything related to the MGL EFIS systems
Forum rules
Please keep your posts friendly and on topic. No politics or discussions of a controversial nature not related to our favorite subject of flying and avionics. Offending posts may be removed or moderated.
DJB

Xtreme Firmware Update

Post by DJB »

I have downloaded XT2EFISFW unzipped it and put it on a SD card in the root dir but it is not uploading to the MGL box.

The recent Gen 2 Xtreme manual says the box will check for a file called XT2EFIS.FW which is the file on my SD Card but when I have a look at an earlier manual it says that the box will look for a file called XTREME.FW.

I am tempted to rename the file from XT2EFIS.FW to XTREME.FW and have a go but thought I'd better ask for advice here first.
Franz

Re: Xtreme Firmware Update

Post by Franz »

XT2EFISFW is for generation 2 Xtreme EFIS. Xtreme.FW is for Generation 1 and XT3EFISFW for Generation 3.

Regards,
Franz
DJB

Post by DJB »

Thanks Franz, I have a gen 2 and have tried to upload XT2EFIS.FW which isn't happening. The box just goes into startup as if it isn't seeing the file it is supposed to be looking for. I have the XT2EFIS.FW file on the root dir of an SD card as per instructions so I am left scratching my head.
I'll check the paperwork and the SD card and keep trying.
Franz

Post by Franz »

Try formatting the SD card and give it another go.