Xtreme gen 2 questions

Post here anything related to the MGL EFIS systems
Forum rules
Please keep your posts friendly and on topic. No politics or discussions of a controversial nature not related to our favorite subject of flying and avionics. Offending posts may be removed or moderated.
markkkk42

Xtreme gen 2 questions

Post by markkkk42 »

I have a Xtreme Gen 2 that has 2.08 firmware. On the EMS screen I only have 4 parameters shown not 6 as in the gen 2 manual.
I have a RDAC XF and it has only 2 AUX inputs yet the book says there can be AUX 3 and AUX 4 in Rotax 912/914 mode. I cant find anywhere either how to get into this mode of what inputs are Aux 3 and 4.
What am I doing wrong?
markkkk42

Re: Xtreme gen 2 questions

Post by markkkk42 »

Dowes anyone have a answer for me at all on this. The manual for the Gen2 Xtreme does not show what is on my screen. as in my post above. The Manual also refers to AUX 3 and AUX 4 on the RDAC..well that doesnt exist
Really need some info on this please as this is in a new built aircraft and I am trying to have it all reayd for the first engine start

Also where is the water coolant temperature displayed...I cant find it anywhere even though it has its own input on the RDAC

???

mark
Markdun

Post by Markdun »

Its been a while since I did the settings on my EMS. Did set each of the 12 thermocouple settings? If you do, you get the six columns.
I also have had an issue with the two Aux. I’d actually like 5 so I can monitor ignition module temp, carb temp, coolant temp exiting the heads, coolant temp exiting the radiator & a spare (air temp exiting engine cowl?). ThE RDAC has Coolant plus the two Aux & that’sa limitation I live with, as is the limit of the two Aux & no coolant on the EMS. The system is still awesome though!.
rainier
Site Admin

Post by rainier »

AUX 3 and AUX4 are on the EMS-2. Not the RDAC. So are AUX1 and AUX2 but you can use the RDAC ones as well.
markkkk42

Post by markkkk42 »

Rainier

How come I only have 4 parameters on display on the Xtreme on the full eMS page and not 6 as shown in the manual?
jcarlile1

Post by jcarlile1 »

I have the Extreme and RDAC XF. RDAC has input for coolant (pin 19) but Extreme has no display for Coolant anywhere. How do I do this? Any help is much appreciated. JohnDC :?:
jcarlile1

Post by jcarlile1 »

jcarlile1 wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 2:40 pm I have the Extreme and RDAC XF. RDAC has input for coolant (pin 19) but Extreme has no display for Coolant anywhere. How do I do this? Any help is much appreciated. JohnDC :?:
Correction, Pin 18 not 19