Bar scale. MGL Xtreme EFIS

Post here for anything that does not fit any of the categories below. Any topic related to MGL and flying welcome.
Forum rules
Please keep your posts friendly and on topic. No politics or discussions of a controversial nature not related to our favorite subject of flying and avionics. Offending posts may be removed or moderated.
Hitchflight

Bar scale. MGL Xtreme EFIS

Post by Hitchflight »

Very content U.K. user of a new MGL Xtreme EFIS for a year.
Now using the amazing black box Enigma output facility.

Two odd issues though.

1. My fuel pressure data on the MGL Extreme display reads in the correct sense. It routinely indicates between 0.1 bar and 0.3 bar. Quite normal for my aircraft. ✔️. However on the Enigma CSV output printout the CSV data prior to spreadsheet output is shown as a single character integer only; a zero. No decimal place, essential for me and this low reading. ❌ .
What is the fix?

2. The Enigma record does not show every flight, though capture settings have not changed. I appreciate that as available data storage, fills historic data is overwritten, however this is not happening in sequence.❌

I suspect it may be something associated with date format. Has anyone experienced? What could be the fix?

Many thanks for anticipated support.
adamoconnor

Re: Bar scale. MGL Xtreme EFIS

Post by adamoconnor »

Hitchflight wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:19 pm Very content U.K. user of a new MGL Xtreme EFIS for a year.
Now using the amazing black box Enigma output facility.

Two odd issues though.

1. My fuel pressure data on the MGL Extreme display reads in the correct sense. It routinely indicates between 0.1 bar and 0.3 bar. Quite normal for my aircraft. ✔️. However on the Enigma CSV output printout the CSV data prior to spreadsheet output is shown as a single character integer only; a zero. No decimal place, essential for me and this low reading. ❌ .
What is the fix?

2. The Enigma record does not show every flight, though capture settings have not changed. I appreciate that as available data storage, fills historic data is overwritten, however this is not happening in sequence.❌

I suspect it may be something associated with date format. Has anyone experienced? What could be the fix?

Many thanks for anticipated support.
I think only Franz can answer the question #1 as he's the programmer of the units. The answer to #2 could be as simple as the clock battery in your EFIS being dead. If the clock battery is dead, each time the EFIS is booted it will default to 00:00:00 01/01/1970 until a GPS signal is acquired. This could potentially have an effect on your flight logs depending on the time from EFIS start to the parameters for the flight start being met.
Adam O'Connor
Michigan Avionics
MGL USA Sales and Support
Hitchflight

Re: Bar scale. MGL Xtreme EFIS

Post by Hitchflight »

Thanks Adam

Yes this sounds like the answer. Many thanks for your advice.

The trouble is I have now built my panel without taking into account that an annual change battery was required. I’ll fix at the next major activity.

Regards

Bob