Servo MGL

Post here for anything that does not fit any of the categories below. Any topic related to MGL and flying welcome.
Forum rules
Please keep your posts friendly and on topic. No politics or discussions of a controversial nature not related to our favorite subject of flying and avionics. Offending posts may be removed or moderated.
Piterval

Servo MGL

Post by Piterval »

Hola a todos y gracias por aceptarme. Les escribo desde Argentina y mi cuestión es la siguiente: he adquirido dos servos MGL para mi avión que es un rans s7 los cuales he instalado sin ningún problema, preferi esa marca ya que tiempo atrás instale la Explorer 8.5 iefis , radio razor v16, sp7, sp6 , ibox, rdac....y todo el sistema de mgl. Pero con apenas un par de horas de uso se me rompió un servo, se partió el engranaje plástico y la chaveta que lo sujeta que es de acero se partió en tres pedazos. Incusive al caerse restos de la chaveta sobre la placa del integrado temo que la haya dañado ya que no lo reconoce el sistema.El tema es si quisiera pasarlo por la garantía pero me sale más caro el envio ida y vuelta de lo que cuesta el servo. Gracias y saludos desde Argentina. PD me gustaría recibir alguna solución por parte de MGL.
rainier
Site Admin

Re: Servo MGL

Post by rainier »

Unfortunately my Spanish is not good enough to even begin reading this (I understand Hola !).
But Google translate did a good job.

OK you have a servo where the large gear and pin broke ?

That is definitively a first. That gear is over designed and molded from nylon. It's incredibly tough - I cannot even begin to understand the forces required to break that gear. The pin is a combination of steel split pin and a hardened steel solid pin. That should never be able to break.

The shear screw on the servo boss will give way long before this can happen.

I would assume that the installation of the servo is not standard - some modifications to the servo coupling etc ?

If the pin broke into several pieces as you state - it is likely that the electronics would have been damaged.
Piterval

Post by Piterval »

Buen dia: gracias por responder. El servo está colocado en un rans s7 que es muy liviano de comandos, no ha tenido ninguna obstrucción, inclusive el torque del motor esta calibrado en 70%. Lo he instalado hace 2 meses y como mucho puede tener 2 horas de uso. Además funcionaba perfectamente. Las recomendaciones de instalacion me las dio un ingeniero aeronáutico. Y si ,la placa se ha dañado ya que dejó de reconocerlo el iefis. Quise enviar unas fotos para que vieran el daño pero me dice que el tamaño es muy grande y no puedo pasarlas. Tal vez si me envían un WhatsApp podría enviarlas.
Atte quedo al aguardo de una respuesta.
rainier
Site Admin

Post by rainier »

There is a whatsup number on our website under contacts you can use to send images.

Since the gear pin is broken the only possible thing I can think of (assuming all else is normal) that we have control surface flutter transmitting to the servo and the servo is damping it - I know that is a long shot but I cannot think of anything else.