Xtreme EMS 912iS issues

Post here for anything that does not fit any of the categories below. Any topic related to MGL and flying welcome.
Forum rules
Please keep your posts friendly and on topic. No politics or discussions of a controversial nature not related to our favorite subject of flying and avionics. Offending posts may be removed or moderated.
Duck19

Xtreme EMS 912iS issues

Post by Duck19 »

My Xtreme EMS (v2.06) and CAN rdac on a 912iS has the following repeatable issues:

1. The throttle position at the top right of the main page is a six digit number with the right most digit half hidden behind the bezel.
It responds to throttle movement such as 248336 throttle closed and 248420 full throttle. That number range is always 84. The exact
number may change when the unit is rebooted but the throttle always has a 84 unit change between closed and wide open.

2. The engine hour display is 1065826240.00 I have not run the engine yet and that number does not change.

3. The ecu hour display is also a multi digit number such as 1102692224.00 That number increments by 8704 regularly. (about every
minute)

4. The hobbs time increases at the normal rate even when the lane switches are off.

5. A minor formatting observation is that the ECU Fault page is offset to the right somewhat. For example the following line starts
about a half inch from the left of the screen and the final characters are not visible. "A1 NO DATA RECEIVED FROM OPPOSITE LANEENGINE SP". Also "LANEENGINE" displays as one word without a space.

This is with no other avioncs powered up. The twisted pair Canbus is about 35 cm long with 120R resistors at both ends. Nothing else is
connected to the Display Canbus. Everything else seems to display correctly. BUDS software confirms that the ecu is outputting all the
data correctly.

Are these known issues? Does anyone else see these issues?
thanks
Ken
Duck19

Re: Xtreme EMS 912iS issues

Post by Duck19 »

Does anyone have a 912iS that is displaying a correct throttle position on an Xtreme?
Ken
Franz

Post by Franz »

Hi Ken,

We have recently upgraded the Xtreme-EMS code. Sounds like some gremlins are attacking. Please PM me your address and I will send you some firmware to try out.

Regards,
Franz
Duck19

Post by Duck19 »

Can anyone tell me where to find the v2.07 xtreme ems firmware?
I did send a PM to Franz but don't know if it was received.

The following link says "page is missing"
http://www.mglavionics.co.za/XTreme.html

According to
https://mglavionics.co.za/Infinitec/Man ... isions.pdf
v2.07 was released several weeks ago but I have not been able to find it.

Version 2.07 21/04/2021 (Franz Lamers)
--------------------------------------
Bug: Fixed Rotax 912is Throttle position, ambient pressure, ECU hours, Device Status message overrun

thank you
Ken