Flight time

Post here for anything that does not fit any of the categories below. Any topic related to MGL and flying welcome.
Forum rules
Please keep your posts friendly and on topic. No politics or discussions of a controversial nature not related to our favorite subject of flying and avionics. Offending posts may be removed or moderated.
fritzi

Flight time

Post by fritzi »

Hi!

i have i cuestion.
When I start the engine, the flight time does not start by itself. I have to start a new flight. Could you help me to configure the screen so that the flight time starts when the engine starts?

thank

Federico
rainier
Site Admin

Re: Flight time

Post by rainier »

Flight time is not related to the engine. For this you have the hobbs meter.

Go into to System operations setup menu (under system setup).

Select automatic flight detect. Select a high RPM trigger that you will exceed during take off (but not while taxing to the threshold). Then select the minimum airspeed that will guarantee a lift off (usually a bit higher than stall speed - say stall +20% or whatever suits your aircraft).

Flight recording will activate when RPM and airspeed limits are exceeded. Then RPM will be ignored. Only ASI counts. If ASI drops below your stall speed (as setup in the flight instruments setup menu) for 30 seconds then flight recording ends and an entry in the flight folio will be created. This also includes your hobbs reading at the end of the flight.
fritzi

Re: Flight time

Post by fritzi »

Thank you. solved