autopilot panel

Post here for anything that does not fit any of the categories below. Any topic related to MGL and flying welcome.
Forum rules
Please keep your posts friendly and on topic. No politics or discussions of a controversial nature not related to our favorite subject of flying and avionics. Offending posts may be removed or moderated.
N43YX

autopilot panel

Post by N43YX »

Just curious if there is any plan for a separate autopilot control panel for the iEFIS series, similar to Dynon and Garmin?
rainier
Site Admin

Re: autopilot panel

Post by rainier »

No.
There is not really a need for it - it was considered and would be simple to do since we have the hardware already (the Razor would make a nice touch screen for this).
But since the current implementation works nicely and you can augment that with a button or two on your stick or panel - it seemed largely a waste of panel space...
N43YX

Post by N43YX »

I want to make sure that I am taking advantage of all of the features of the iEFIS with respect to autopilot control. Rainier, you mentioned one or two buttons...CWS is the obvious one, What other options are available as a separate input? To be honest, I don't see many specifics of wiring external autopilot control switches in the manual. Can you point me in the right direction?
rainier
Site Admin

Post by rainier »

Just have a look at the digital inputs setup - it shows you all the AP related things you can do. Buttons are typically dual function. Hit once to engage - if engaged hit again to disengage. Quite straight forward.