MGL Central

Post here for anything that does not fit any of the categories below. Any topic related to MGL and flying welcome.
Forum rules
Please keep your posts friendly and on topic. No politics or discussions of a controversial nature not related to our favorite subject of flying and avionics. Offending posts may be removed or moderated.
VH Bill

MGL Central

Post by VH Bill »

The following message was displayed when I selected the Google Maps option:

You are using a browser that is not supported by the Google Maps JavaScript API.

Is the current version of MGL Central compatible with Google Maps?

Thanks for your help

Bill
rainier
Site Admin

Re: MGL Central

Post by rainier »

Google maps are no longer available for free on PC platforms and the way the map data was retrieved has been blocked.
VH Bill

Post by VH Bill »

OK, thanks for the reply.

Where can I get MGL Maps for MGL Central and does that map data cover Australia?

Bill
rainier
Site Admin

Post by rainier »

You can use vector maps (download from our website), then download the matching terrain data for your area. If you have a navidata file you can use that for the navigational items (airspaces, airports etc).
MGL Central has not been updated to Mapmaker2 map format so if you want to use raster maps you need to convert your raster maps using the MapMaker (not MapMaker 2) for use with MGL Central.
VH Bill

Post by VH Bill »

Thanks for your reply.

Bill
rainier
Site Admin

Post by rainier »

Seems Google has switched off the java API support in August completely. The error that pops up leads you to a link suggesting possible fixes - I tried them all, nothing does anything.
Might have to change things to Bing...