EFIS simulator

Post here for anything that does not fit any of the categories below. Any topic related to MGL and flying welcome.
Forum rules
Please keep your posts friendly and on topic. No politics or discussions of a controversial nature not related to our favorite subject of flying and avionics. Offending posts may be removed or moderated.
Awalkerch750

EFIS simulator

Post by Awalkerch750 »

After designing my Discovery Lite efis fuel and engine modules I exit out and the simulator goes back to the original screen. I go back in to the module and my design is still there but again when I exit, it goes back to the default screen. What am I doing wrong. Shouldn't the screen change to my new design?
Thanks
PaulSS

Re: EFIS simulator

Post by PaulSS »

I’m not at my computer right now, so can’t give the exact details but if you’ve created your own screens then you need to go into the setup menu and choose to display those instead of the default screens. I will attempt to provide more precise instructions later in nobody else does so in the meantime (hopefully someone like Dutchroll, who knows what he’s talking about 🙂)
adamoconnor

Post by adamoconnor »

Paul is right, you need to tell your EFIS to use those custom screen designs.

MENU -> System Setup Menu -> Standard system selections

Set FLIGHT or ENGINE or FUEL or INFO (depending on what you changed) to "Use custom screen designs"

Adam
Adam O'Connor
Michigan Avionics
MGL USA Sales and Support
Awalkerch750

Post by Awalkerch750 »

I can't get the simulator to save my work is the problem. When I go to Module - select default engine module - make changes to suite my engine and when I exit shouldn't my changes show on the simulator screen?
PaulSS

Post by PaulSS »

How about leaving the default screens alone and seeing if the same thing works on a custom screen.

1. Go into the design module of the default screen you wish to modify
2. Copy the 'instructions' in the left hand side of the module
3. Exit that, open the design module for the relevant custom screen
4. Paste the 'instructions' from 2. into the left side of the module
5. Make the changes you wish
6. Follow Adam's instructions for displaying that particular custom screen

Remember, when using custom screens (I don't know if the same applies to default screens as I don't use them) each page on your EFIS has its own set of screens. So if you make changes to the engine screen on Page 1 then don't expect the same changes to appear when you go to Page 2. In order to do that you would need to copy and paste the Page 1 engine screen 'instructions' into Page 2's engine screen.