CHT and Oiltemperature sensors issur

Post here for anything that does not fit any of the categories below. Any topic related to MGL and flying welcome.
Forum rules
Please keep your posts friendly and on topic. No politics or discussions of a controversial nature not related to our favorite subject of flying and avionics. Offending posts may be removed or moderated.
christoph.glomski

CHT and Oiltemperature sensors issur

Post by christoph.glomski »

hello Rainier, i have an interesting problem with the temperature sensors (oil and cht). the sensors showed the correct temperature until i calibrated the fuel level transmitter. both sensors then show 20 degrees less. I have attached the pictures. Both sensors and the fuel level sender are connected to the same minus (engine block). I've also tried to separate them, but the error is the same. where is the problem, has someone had a similar problem.

Greetings
Christoph
Attachments
20210513_165451.jpg
20210513_165451.jpg (25.23 KiB) Viewed 4841 times
20210513_165425.jpg
20210513_165425.jpg (28.92 KiB) Viewed 4841 times
Franz

Re: CHT and Oiltemperature sensors issur

Post by Franz »

Hi Christoph,

Is this the Xtreme-EMS or EFIS unit? What firmware are you running?

Regards,
Franz
christoph.glomski

Hi,

this is the xtreme efis. The software is the newest (2.06)
Greetings
Christoph
christoph.glomski

After spending the whole weekend on the wiring and checking, I come to the conclusion that the RDAC must be damaged. In the analysis, I disconnected all sensors and reconnected again one after the other. During this, I observed the ADC values ​​of the CHT, AUX, OILp. and OILtemp sensors. The result is pretty depressing. Whenever I disconnect a sensor, the ADC values ​​of other sensors also change. In the pictures you can see how the values ​​change when disconnecting the fuel level transmitter, the values ​​of oil pressure, CHT temp.,oil temp and AUX chnged. The bad thing is, that if I disconnect the second Imagesensor, the values ​​continue to change. When I ended up only connecting the CHT and not the other sensors, the temperature value was 80 ° C. That can't be right. Maybe I did something wrong, but it can't be that if one sensor changes the resistance, the other sensors also change the measured values. Or am I doing something fundamentally wrong?
Attachments
after dsconnected fuel level sender
after dsconnected fuel level sender
WhatsApp Image 2021-05-23 at 22.39.26.jpeg (114.4 KiB) Viewed 4755 times
Before disconnected fuel level sende
Before disconnected fuel level sende
WhatsApp Image 2021-05-23 at 22.39.41.jpeg (137.91 KiB) Viewed 4755 times