2 virtual fuel tanks?

Post here for anything that does not fit any of the categories below. Any topic related to MGL and flying welcome.
Forum rules
Please keep your posts friendly and on topic. No politics or discussions of a controversial nature not related to our favorite subject of flying and avionics. Offending posts may be removed or moderated.
Drummer Dan

2 virtual fuel tanks?

Post by Drummer Dan »

Greetings everyone, and happy holidays! It's been a bit since i've been in the forum.

Brief inquiry—can I have two virtual fuel tanks on an Explorer Lite? If yes, any swift tips on how to configure?

Appreciate the help!

Dan
G-MUSO
G-MUSO
Rutan Long Ez
Norfolk England
gd5362

Re: 2 virtual fuel tanks?

Post by gd5362 »

Hey Dan,
Yes you can have 2 virtual tanks. Go to the System Setup Menu and then select Fuel Related Setup and all your settings are there.
Also, thanks to a recent update, you can set low fuel warnings on these virtual tanks as well which you will find in the same menu selection.
Glenn Davis
5362P
Drummer Dan

Post by Drummer Dan »

Thanks Glen, much appreciated.
I'm out at the airfield tomorrow and will have a go.

Happy holidays
Dan

gd5362 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:01 pm Hey Dan,
Yes you can have 2 virtual tanks. Go to the System Setup Menu and then select Fuel Related Setup and all your settings are there.
Also, thanks to a recent update, you can set low fuel warnings on these virtual tanks as well which you will find in the same menu selection.
G-MUSO
Rutan Long Ez
Norfolk England
Drummer Dan

Post by Drummer Dan »

Greetings everyone,

I'm still encountering a challenge in my setup. Currently, I can successfully display two real tanks and one virtual tank. However, when I choose two virtual tanks, only one appears alongside the 1 real tank.

My goal is to enable the selection of two virtual tanks only. Selectable and linked to my FT60 RedCube fuel flow sender.

Failing to figure this out, I will just go back to using 1 virtual tank as a totaliser and be done with it.

Many Thanks

Dan
G-MUSO
Rutan Long Ez
Norfolk England
rainier
Site Admin

Post by rainier »

Using two virtual tanks (two flow senders) is quite possible but you need to create your own fuel display as that configuration is not part of the built in screens you can select. Base yours on the one with one virtual tank and use the screen designer to add the second - moving the bargraph and resizing to make space. Or do your own display from scratch - perhaps you would prefer to use two round gauges for the tanks ?
Drummer Dan

Post by Drummer Dan »

HI Rainier

Thanks for the feedback.

I'm not up to speed on custom screen designing, but will have look in the new year.

Dan
G-MUSO
Rutan Long Ez
Norfolk England