Stratux

Post here for anything that does not fit any of the categories below. Any topic related to MGL and flying welcome.
Forum rules
Please keep your posts friendly and on topic. No politics or discussions of a controversial nature not related to our favorite subject of flying and avionics. Offending posts may be removed or moderated.
matthunter1448

Stratux

Post by matthunter1448 »

Just wanted to ask is there a way to tell if my stratux is talking to the efis? I wired it all up but can't seem to tell if it's talking. Wired tx from stratux to rx2 on ibox and the gnd, have the iefis configured to 38400 baud rate and receiver only for adsb and still don't see anything. So thought I would ask
Thanks
Sputnik

Re: Stratux

Post by Sputnik »

That all sounds good.

You didn't say, but I assume you've gone into system settings and configured Serial Port routing/allocations to receive a Navworx ADS-B on RS232 port #2. And that you've configured it for 38400 baud (Navworx default is 115200), over on the ADS-B Settings.

Check the Traffic button to see if you're getting any traffic info. If you're someplace where that's not happening, try Menu, System diagnostics, iBOX Serial Ports. You should at least be getting a data stream on port 2.

If still no luck...you've got the iefis configured to 38400 baud, make sure that's what the Stratux is sending it at. I can't remember what its default is; thought it was 38400, but it might not be.

For mine, I left it at the native Navworx rate of 115200 and went into the Stratux settings to set it equal to that. At the time, it wasn't possible to adjust the rate on the Navworx settings for the EFIS.
Pestar

Post by Pestar »

For Stratux on my Voyager G2 you also have to set the port up for NavWorx ADSB so the port can understand what sort of data it is expecting. Works well.

Cheers Peter
Peter Armstrong
DynAero MCR-4S ZK-PSA
Auckland New Zealand

2 x G2 Voyagers, Extreme, 3 MGL Servos, SP2, SP4, SP6, SP7, 2 x V10's, MGL SP12, RDAC, I/O Extender
matthunter1448

Post by matthunter1448 »

Is your wiring setup the same?
adamoconnor

Post by adamoconnor »

Latest Stratux revisions run 115200 baud now, so you can set the receive baud rate to NAVWORX instead of STRATUX. I have gotten my Stratux receiver working doing this. Another thing - have you done the reconfiguration of the RS-232 to USB converter that is required for Stratux to use it?
Adam O'Connor
Michigan Avionics
MGL USA Sales and Support
matthunter1448

Post by matthunter1448 »

adamoconnor wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:25 pm Latest Stratux revisions run 115200 baud now, so you can set the receive baud rate to NAVWORX instead of STRATUX. I have gotten my Stratux receiver working doing this. Another thing - have you done the reconfiguration of the RS-232 to USB converter that is required for Stratux to use it?
No I don't think so can you send me a link on how to do so?
matthunter1448

Post by matthunter1448 »

matthunter1448 wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:12 pm
adamoconnor wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:25 pm Latest Stratux revisions run 115200 baud now, so you can set the receive baud rate to NAVWORX instead of STRATUX. I have gotten my Stratux receiver working doing this. Another thing - have you done the reconfiguration of the RS-232 to USB converter that is required for Stratux to use it?
No I don't think so can you send me a link on how to do so?
I did change the name of it to stratux serial but that was all it was actually already done before I went to do it
adamoconnor

Post by adamoconnor »

If it was already set up then all you should need to do is just switch up to 115200 baud provided you're on a release within the last 3 or 4 months with Stratux. If not just re-flash the SD card. If you go to to the settings menu on the stratux webui you'll see a new serial port spot if it detects the converter. If it doesn't those config items will be missing.
Adam O'Connor
Michigan Avionics
MGL USA Sales and Support
matthunter1448

Post by matthunter1448 »

adamoconnor wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:44 pm If it was already set up then all you should need to do is just switch up to 115200 baud provided you're on a release within the last 3 or 4 months with Stratux. If not just re-flash the SD card. If you go to to the settings menu on the stratux webui you'll see a new serial port spot if it detects the converter. If it doesn't those config items will be missing.
Did all this I ordered another serial adapter. Think mine was toast.
matthunter1448

Post by matthunter1448 »

Got my new cp2102 in programmed like it was supposed to. Still couldn't get it to work. Ended up going to the 1.5b2 firmware on stratux and poof, the blue light started blinking. In the diagnostics page the serial input is showing it's receiving something. I set the settings in efis for baud rate to same as stratux in settings.

My new question is how close does traffic need to be for efis to show on the map? When I clicked the traffic button, I seen once it said there was traffic but never seen it on the map. Of course most the traffic i'm seeing right now is super high traffic like 30k feet or so.