Xtreme G2 EMS CSV output

Post here for anything that does not fit any of the categories below. Any topic related to MGL and flying welcome.
Forum rules
Please keep your posts friendly and on topic. No politics or discussions of a controversial nature not related to our favorite subject of flying and avionics. Offending posts may be removed or moderated.
azjoe67

Xtreme G2 EMS CSV output

Post by azjoe67 »

I cannot find this answer anywhere:

What are the column headings for the CSV flight data log output? Some of the columns are obvious, but others are not. Honestly, it really is something that the EMS should write to the file every X number of lines or at least at the beginning of each file.

Thanks,

Joe
azjoe67

Re: Xtreme G2 EMS CSV output

Post by azjoe67 »

Franz was kind enough to send me some info, but there are still holes. I've attached one of my CSV files, with the headers that I understand.
05062021.zip
Sample data log CSV
(184.32 KiB) Downloaded 330 times
Basically I see the data laid out as follows:

Date, Time, Hobbs (in hours), Maintenance Timer Remaining (in hours), Volts, RPM1, RPM1%, RPM2, RPM2%, Analog 1, Analog 2, Analog 3, Analog 4, Manifold Pressure (mBar), Current (Amp), CJC (C), TC1 (C), TC2, TC3, TC4, TC5, TC6, TC7, TC8, TC9, TC10, TC11, TC12, Fuel Flow 1 (liters / hr), Fuel Flow 2, Fuel Level 1 (liters), Fuel Level 2, Fuel Pressure (psi), OAT (C), LAT, LONG, SOG (MPH), COG, Altitude (Feet)

There's a lot here, but it's not all accurate or complete:

Date, Time, Hobbs, Maintenance, Volts and RPM - Straight forward and they seem to be correct.
RPM % - Huh? Where is it calculating these from? It's saying that 2,500RPM is 42% ?!? 2500/.42 = 5,952. Nowhere in the system have I put in a RPM of 5,952 as a limit.
Analog 1 - 4. I'm betting that Analog 1 & 2 are Oil Pressure and Temperature, but I'm not sure what the units represent. Analog 1 I believe is in Celcius, the numbers seem to match with what I'm seeing, but Analog 2 is showing 400-800. If that's some kind of pressure measurement I cannot figure out what it is so I can convert it to PSI.
Manifold Pressure in mBar - OK, that looks rights
Current in Amps - yup, that seems OK too.
CJC - Cold Junction Temperature - What is it, and why do we care about having it logged?
TC1-12 - My engine is a Lycoming O-320 so TC1-4 are EGT and 5-8 are CHT. 9-12 are unused but seem to constantly report values ranging from 20 - 60. Nothing is attached to those terminals.
Fuel Flow - liters per hour. I'm still adjusting the K-factor on the FT-60, but seems right to what I've seen so far. FF2 is unused
Fuel Levels in liters. Nope! Not even close. It says I have 352 liters (93 gallons) in my 10 gallon header tank and 1,067 liters (282 gallons) in my 30 gallon wing tank.
Fuel Pressure - currently unused in my install
OAT in Celcius - OK. That looks like Arizona temperatures.
Latitude and Longitude - straight from the GPS so it's OK.
SOG in MPH - also from the GPS, looks right
COG - is it True or Magnetic?
Altitude in Feet - also from the GPS, seems correct.

Apart from the issues listed above, why are some units metric and some in imperial?

Thank you all for your help.

Joe