Enigma parts

Post here for anything that does not fit any of the categories below. Any topic related to MGL and flying welcome.
Forum rules
Please keep your posts friendly and on topic. No politics or discussions of a controversial nature not related to our favorite subject of flying and avionics. Offending posts may be removed or moderated.
Jimmyn

Enigma parts

Post by Jimmyn »

I’m looking for parts to repair my Enigma, primarily the board with the Pitot static transducer mounted to it. I understand no one repairs these units anymore? maybe someone has an old unit lying around after an upgrade? Or knows of a repair shop that might have some old components? I tried doing a search for the individual transducers that were once common back in the mid 2000s but no luck.
rainier
Site Admin

Re: Enigma parts

Post by rainier »

Your biggest issue are the pressure sensors - these have been discontinued many years ago. It's a type MPX12DP last made by NXP. There is no compatible replacement available as far as I know. Our own stocks of spares have been exhausted unfortunately. The last ones we had we used a few months ago for repairs.
We do still have populated PCB's in stock but minus the pressure sensors. There are several different types of these PCB's made over the years (mostly different connectors).