4-CHANNEL DIGITAL EGT CAN data

Post here for anything that does not fit any of the categories below. Any topic related to MGL and flying welcome.
Forum rules
Please keep your posts friendly and on topic. No politics or discussions of a controversial nature not related to our favorite subject of flying and avionics. Offending posts may be removed or moderated.
kesterj

4-CHANNEL DIGITAL EGT CAN data

Post by kesterj »

hi guys, i am looking for the CAN data for the 4-CHANNEL DIGITAL EGT, i am using it in a car and would like to add the data so the ecu can see it. Can only help me out with this?

Thank you
rainier
Site Admin

Re: 4-CHANNEL DIGITAL EGT CAN data

Post by rainier »

That's not the way these kind of things work.
In short: You can't.

We have no idea what kind of ECU you have and what kind of information it can use or how to format that information. The TC4 also does not send out any data.

CAN merely specifies the actual signalling from a hardware point of view - it's up to the individual implementer to use that to transfer data any way they see fit. Not much around as far as standards go. CAN Aerospace is an attempt that has found some traction (used for example with the newer Rotax or ULP engines) - but it is not generally popular as it makes poor use of bandwidth, i.e. restricts the amount of data you can move in a given time so many (like us) do things differently.